Rheumatoid Arthritis or RA is mainly a chronic joint disease and causes damages in almost all joints of a patient. It is such a systematic disease that it invariably affects internal organs of our body. The fatality is such that it can lead the patient towards permanent disability. The joints get damaged because of the inflammation in the joint lining tissues. This inflammation is the result of the failure of our body immune system to tame the wounds, infections or foreign objects by fighting with them. The eventuality of this is the inflammation is misdirected to affect the linings of the joints. Rheumatoid Arthritis itself is not at all a fatal disease but it orchestrates many diseases, because it creates many complications that lead to different treatments and that ultimately cause permanent disability or even premature death.
Rheumatoid Arthritis & its associated problems
- A patient of this disease will find inflammation in his / her joints that will cause pains swelling, stiffness and their loss of functions.
- Due to these problems many other organs such as kidneys, heart and/or lungs in the body will stop proper functioning.
- If the problem is not arrested or slowed down it will permanently damage the affected portions and other tissues.
- In this abnormal condition our immune system creates specialized chemicals and cells, which are continuously released into our bloodstreams that ultimately attack our body tissues
- Since these abnormalities create ravages in our blood circle and body tissues, they cause thickening of our membrane lining in our joints and ultimately cause inflammation. The situation is known as synovium or synovitis.
- Once one is affected with synovium, this will expand both outside and inside of our joint/s, damaging our cartilage and bone of the joints and its peripheral tissues or areas such as blood vessels, nerves, tendons, ligaments etc.
- Many of the patients with this Rheumatoid Arthritis problem face difficulties in carrying out normal…
Read the full article from the Source…