A big factor in a relationship working is timing. Around the holidays people tend to be more relationship minded and open to meeting someone for a long-term relationship.
NEW YORK (PRWEB)
December 27, 2017
With New Year’s Eve on the horizon, NYC based dating service OnSpeedDating.com conducted a survey of more than 500 NYC singles 21-45 to provide insight into their expectations as a single on New Year’s Eve.
88% of singles surveyed indicated they will be attending a New Year’s Eve Singles Party and of that group, 75% (50% men and 25% of women) said they would consider the night a success if they were to go home with someone at the end of the night.
90% of singles said they hope to start off 2018 with a kiss at midnight (with women being more confident that they will receive a kiss than men). Singles seem to be united in the anxiety they have around the midnight kiss— with 76% expressing apprehension. 45% of singles are worried that their midnight kiss won’t be good with 55% fearing they will not receive a kiss.
Of those that are worried that their midnight kiss would not be good, 32% worry about bad breath, 24% cited the kiss being too wet/sloppy as being of concern and 15% fear they won’t feel chemistry with the person they are kissing. Women tend to be worried about the performance of the men with the majority of men also being concerned about their performance.
“A big factor in a relationship working is timing. Around the holidays people tend to be more relationship minded and open to meeting someone for a long-term relationship.” said Amber Soletti, Co-Founder and resident dating expert at OnSpeedDating.com. “Our annual New Year’s Eve Singles Party at Stitch Lounge has resulted in countless first dates, long-term relationships and even marriages. I met my fiancee at our NYE event on what will be six years ago this New Year’s Eve.“
OnSpeedDating.com’s Top 5 Tips For Securing A Kiss At Midnight
1. If the party you are attending offers an ice-breaker to help facilitate introductions, use it and mix and mingle with as many people as you can. The more singles you interact with the more likely you are to connect with someone and maybe even meet “the one.”
2. Once you’ve found someone you would be interested in kissing at midnight around 15-20 minutes before the count down, offer to buy them a drink. This shows interest on your part and more likely than not, the person you buy the drink for out of politeness will stay with you until they finish the drink which should put you in the right place at the right time.
3. Staying hydrated will help keep your breath fresh. Instead of gum which can get in the way during a kiss, stick to mints and/or breath spray.
4. Know Before You Go—-Make sure you are reading the person’s body language you are looking to kiss. In today’s “me too” climate the last thing you want to do is force a kiss on an unwilling participant.
5. Less Is More—-The kiss should be organic, gentle and not forced. You should both gravitate towards each other and make sure not to use too much tongue.
OnSpeedDating.com’s research showed that 32% of singles that attended a New Year’s Eve Singles Party last year ended up going home with someone from the event. Only 5% of singles that went home with someone on New Year’s Eve say they later regretted it and 15% said they saw the person they went home with again.
Founded in September 2008, OnSpeedDating produces speed dating, singles parties networking events, dating advice and more, for singles of all orientations across Manhattan and Austin, Texas. What sets OnSpeedDating.com apart is its ability to foster personal connections through “niche” events themed around people’s dating deal-breakers; think physical preferences, political views, backgrounds, interests and more. Events are hosted weekly and admission fees run $25.00 to $40.00. OnSpeedDating is a subsidiary of OneStop Singles LLC, a privately held company with headquarters in Brooklyn and Austin, Texas. For upcoming singles events and more information visit OnSpeedDating.com.
Share article on social media or email: