Aging Eyes: A Cause Of Macular Degeneration

Do you find printed words blurred?
Do you face difficulty recognizing faces?
Do you find a blind spot in the center of your vision?
Do you need increasingly bright light while reading?

If your answer to any of the above questions is yes, it could be a sign of macular degeneration.

What is macular degeneration?

With aging, the retina of eye might get damaged which results in poor vision. This medical condition is witnessed in adults and is classified under two categories: wet and dry. Basically, the damage to retina can be seen at different stages: early, intermediate and advanced. The one witnessed at early and intermediate stage is referred as dry, while the one at advanced level comes under wet category. In 90% of the cases, dry degeneration is witnessed. For the rest 10%, severe damage can even lead to loss of vision.

The other effects of this disease could be: difficulty in reading, driving or even watching television.

Cure

Till date, no particular cure exists for this medical condition. However, studies have revealed that intake of particular vitamins for eyes health can delay the onset of this condition. Basically, there is a need of nutrients: Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which are vital for maintaining proper eyes health. While they can be found in green leafy vegetables and fruits, the proportion found does not make for the proportion needed by eyes. This calls for the need of Vitamin Supplements For Eye Health. Such supplements are rich in the above mentioned nutrients and can be easily availed from a local chemist shop. With the usage of such supplements, the risk of getting this disease gets reduced.

However, this does not mean that anyone experiencing a poor vision should start taking up such supplements. One should visit an eye specialist first and should start taking such supplements only when asked. Besides, one should take only that proportion of supplements as is suggested by the specialist.

In addition to the intake of such vitamin supplements for eye health,…

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *